Guess what guys? In a week and a half I will be galavanting around London then I’ll be off on a cruise around the Mediterranean. So maybe I should stop eating so much salted caramel especially when it’s paired with cheesecake. My bikini body is not looking good right now.
But my taste buds are happy. How can you not love cheesecake, rolos, salted caramel and chocolate chips.
Now that we are talking about things I love, let me introduce you to these Rolo Cheesecake Cups. You cannot tell from the photos but inside these gorgeous individual cheesecakes are mini Rolos, becuase who doesn’t love Rolo’s!? Then I topped them with homemade salted caramel and mini chocolate chips, you could of course top them with Rolo’s but for some weird reason this day I was feeling mini chocolate chips.
When you bite into these little pieces of heaven the salted caramel oozes out at you creating a waterfall effect of salted caramel and chocolate chips..if you don’t want to dive into that then I don’t think we can be friends. Sorry I’m not sorry- it’s salted caramel and chocolate people!!Print
- 1 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 8 oz blocks of cream cheese, at room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp flour
- 35 Rolos, I use the smaller size ones in the unwrapped bag
- Salted Caramel for garnsih
- Mini Chocolate Chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F and line cupcake pan with liners.
- Use a food processor or a plastic bag and rolling pin to crush the graham crackers into crumbs. Put crumbs in a medium bowl, add melted butter, sugar and mix until fully combined. Press 1 tsp of graham cracker mixture in each cupcake liner pressing down evenly.Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese for 3 minutes. Add sugar and eggs, mixing until combined. Add sour cream and flour. Pour batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 full. I pressed Rolos into the batter some cheesecakes got 1 some got 3, all depends on how many Rolos you want.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until the cheesecakes are not giggling, if the cheesecakes crack they are beginning to over bake. Let cool in pan for 1 hour and transfer to refrigerator to chill. Let cheesecakes chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Spoon 1 tsp of salted caramel on top of cheesecake an sprinkle mini chocolate chips on.