Chock a block full of creamy peanut butter and chocolate chunks these thick and chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies will be your new favorite cookie!
Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter cookies were made for my dad. He LOVES peanut butter cookies, me, on the other hand, I can take them or leave them. I do like peanut butter but I only go through phases of loving it. Luckily I loved it on this day.
These cookies were soft but chewy with a peanut butter flavor base and tons of chocolate in each bite. If you love chocolate and peanut butter together try my peanut butter balls recipe or my decadent peanut butter cheesecake with a chocolate ganache topping. Or a no-bake chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe or chocolate peanut butter pie.
Another dessert with tons of chocolate in each bite is my Chocolate Chip Cheesecake! Perfect for your next special dinner!
Let's get to the recipe.
🍫What are the ingredients
For this recipe, you only need pantry staples.
- All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- Baking Soda
- Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- Unsalted Butter softened to room temp.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Egg, at room temperature
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips/Chunks- I always like chunks or chopped up chocolate bars to create gorgeous chocolate pools
🍪 How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and peanut butter together for 2 minutes, until fully combined and light and fluffy.
Add in the brown and granulated sugar then mix for 3 minutes.
Add in the egg and vanilla extract, mix for another 2 minutes.
Gently fold in the flour mixture and then the chocolate chunks.
Using a medium cookie scoop, roughly 1.5 Tablespoons, scoop the cookie dough, press extra chocolate pieces on top, if desired. But seriously who doesn't desire more chocolate?!
Place the cookie dough balls on a parchment lined plate wrapped in plastic wrap or container and chill dough for 1 hour- 48 hours.
When ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner, if using one. Or use parchment paper!
Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. I like to take cookies out when they look almost done and let sit in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. This helps ensure a softer cookie.
Store the baked cookies in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. For another delicious peanut butter recipe check out my peanut butter ice cream.
Check out this post on my Cookie Baking Tips
⏲️Do you have to chill the dough?
You could definitely bake the cookies straight away but I find that the cookie dough spreads a little too much so chilling the dough for just an hour I find really helps.
♨️ Can you make these cookies ahead of time?
Totally, this dough is great to make ahead of time and bake the day of, I would prepare the cookie dough up to 3 days in advance then keep it wrapped tightly in an air-tight container.
✏️You can also freeze the cookie dough.
To freeze the cookie dough I suggest to scoop the cookie dough balls out and put them on a flat surface into the freezer to harden. Once the cookie dough has hardened you can place them in a Ziploc bag. When you are ready to bake take one cookie dough ball out at a time and just add an additional 1-2 minutes to the baking time.
I hope your family enjoys these cookies as much as mine does!
🍪Some more cookie recipes I love
- Brown Butter Oat M&M Cookies - Brown butter is definitely the love of my life.
- Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups- over the top in all the right way who doesn't love a chocolate truffle inside cookie dough?!
- Triple Chip Cookies- More chips the better!!
- Double Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies- chocolate and caramel- you cannot beat it!!
- Butterfinger Pretzel Cookies- love the sweet and salty combo
- OTT Cookies- OVER THE TOP Cookies!! Come to mama!
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 188 grams (1 ½ Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 4oz (½ cup) Butter, softened to room temp.
- 150 grams (¾ Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 50 grams (¼ Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4oz (½ Cup) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 60z Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and peanut butter together for 2 minutes, until fully combined and light and fluffy. Add the brown and granulated sugar then mix for 3 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla, mix for another 2 minutes. Gently fold in the flour mixture and then the chocolate chunks. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop 1.5 Tablespoons size balls of dough. Press extra chocolate pieces on top, if desired. Place dough balls on a parchment lined plate wrapped in plastic wrap or container and chill dough for 1 hour- 48 hours.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner, if using one.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. I like to take cookies out when they look almost done and let sit in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
This post was originally published on July 26th, 2013