- 188 grams (1 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Butter, softened to room temp.
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 60z Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and peanut butter together for 2 minutes, until fully combined and light and fluffy. Add the brown and granulated sugar then mix for 3 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla, mix for another 2 minutes. Gently fold in the flour mixture and then the chocolate chunks. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop 1.5 Tablespoons size balls of dough. Press extra chocolate pieces on top, if desired. Place dough balls on a parchment lined plate wrapped in plastic wrap or container and chill dough for 1 hour- 48 hours.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner, if using one.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. I like to take cookies out when they look almost done and let sit in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter recipes, thick and chewy peanut butter cookies