Brown butter gives these cookies a fabulous base cookie and adding butterscotch, white chocolate and milk chocolate chips these cookies are amazing. You will find yourself stuffing your face with these thick and chewy Triple Chip Cookies!
I love cookies, in fact, I think I am in love with cookies. That’s normal right? And a few days ago it was National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! WOOHOOO.. I remember this day last year I was at a group workout class outside and told everyone how I wanted to leave and go stuff my face with cookies. The “workout” people were not too impressed. Oops.
There is absolutely nothing better than a hot, fresh, out of the oven chocolate chip cookie. Really nothing. Except for going shopping and finding 10 things at Forever 21! And then people asking if you got the shirt at Nordstrom’s?! Score.
Back to cookies. Lately, I have been making all my cookies with this recipe. Brown butter and I are best buddies. Caramel/toffee are my favorite so butter that smells and tastes like toffee/caramel? Hello, we are more than best buddies, what am I saying. We are best friends.
So I wanted to bake with my best friend, but this time I wanted to use brown butter but not in the liquid form. So, I browned some butter and let it come back to a solid form. I didn’t let the butter get to a completely solid-state, but more like softened butter that you would normally use for cookies.
Then I decided I wanted milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips! Because of the more chips the better!
You can totally make batches of brown butter ahead of time and then use it quickly. Or you could just use regular ol buttah. But really brown butter is SO much better! I hope you give these cookies a try, they really were irresistible. Chewy, soft, moist..basically my perfect cookie. Kind of like the red chewy chips ahoy ones.. but 10X better!!
Please let me know if you make this Triple Chip Cookies Recipe by leaving a review below!Print
Brown butter gives these cookies a fabulous base cookie and adding butterscotch, white chocolate and milk chocolate chips these cookies are amazing. You will find yourself stuffing your face! 🙂
- 2 sticks butter, (1 cup) browned and set back to solidify
- 2 cups ap flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a saucepan brown your butter. Let cool slightly then place in fridge or freezer until butter is back at a softened state. (See note)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with Silpat liner, if using.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter and sugars for a few minutes. Add in egg, yolk, and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated. Slowly add in dry ingredients, mixing until no flour streaks remain.
- Mix in all three chips. Scoop 1 1/2 tbsp size cookies and bake for 9-12 minutes. Until cookies are golden brown around the edges but still look a little underdone in the middle. Let cool on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
I personally brown butter in batches and keep some in fridge but if you can do it this way too.
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, snack, bake sale, Christmas cookies