- 12oz Oreos, completely crushed into a crumb
- 3 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 32oz Cream Cheese, very soft at room temperature
- 250 grams (1 1/4 Cup) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 139 grams (1/2 heaping cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large Eggs + 2 Large Egg Yolks, at room temperature
- 5oz Oreos, crushed with some larger pieces
- 8oz Dark Chocolate Finely Chopped
- 4oz Heavy Cream
- 8.4 ounces (1 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Milk Powder
- 2oz Oreos, crushed
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan set aside. Preheat oven to 325F/163C. In a food processor, crush the Oreos till they become a fine crumb. Add melted butter, stirring until fully combined. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes then set on a wire rack to cool while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a handheld electric mixer beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on low to medium speed, making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add granulated sugar to cream cheese and beat on low for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Gently fold in crushed Oreos. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 65 to 80 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. You can also check that the internal temperature has reached 145F/63C, if you are not covering the cheesecake in chocolate ganache then keep in mind you will see the poke holes. Turn the oven off and let cool in the oven for 1 hour with the door slightly propped open, then take out of the oven and out of the roasting pan and let cool on a wire rack on the counter for another 30-60 minutes. Finally, wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
- In a medium bowl add chopped chocolate and set aside. In a small saucepan add cream and cook until just before the boiling point. Pour directly over chocolate, let sit for 3 minutes. Then using a whisk, mix the chocolate and cream until a silky texture. Pour over chilled cheesecake then put back in the fridge to set.
- Using an electric stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment whisk heavy cream for 1 minute, add vanilla and milk powder. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a pastry bag and any tip you like to pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the cake, I like to pipe mine pretty high. Then crumble crushed Oreos on top. To serve use a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer 6 QuartBuy Now →
*Total Time includes Chill Time
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo cheesecake recipe, cookies and cream cheesecake, how to make an oreo cheesecake