Lemon Curd Cheesecake is a delicious, creamy cheesecake made with a crunchy graham cracker crust filled with a luscious cheesecake batter made with lemon juice and lemon zest. Finish this beautiful cheesecake with a layer of lemon curd, fresh whipped cream, and grated lemon zest. The perfect springtime treat! Use homemade or store-bought lemon curd!
I recently updated my recipe for homemade lemon curd. I prefer a tangy not overly sweet lemon curd, sometimes store-bought can be sickly sweet not to mention filled with a bunch of junk so homemade it is.
While deciding what I wanted to do with the lemon curd I remembered the recipe I made with lemon curd on cheesecake I made for my
For me, a dessert, or any food for that matter, is all about contrasting textures, this lemon curd cheesecake recipe is just that. A crunchy graham cracker crust is filled with a thick creamy cheesecake topped with smooth and tangy lemon curd and finally light as air whipped cream.
As with most cheesecake recipes I recommend making the cheesecake the day before you want to serve it. Cheesecake needs plenty of time to chill in the fridge so I find overnight the easiest. Plus, you have less to do on the day you want to serve it.
Check out my Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe next!
Let's get to the recipe.
What are the ingredients for Lemon Curd Cheesecake?
- Graham Cracker Crust- graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar
- Lemon Curd (homemade or store bought)
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Fresh Lemon Zest & Lemon Juice
- Whipped Cream (homemade or store-bought)
How do you make lemon curd cheesecake?
Start with the crust. These days you can buy store-bought graham cracker crumbs but I usually just process my own into a fine crumb. You can also use digestive biscuits or crushed golden Oreo's- if using Oreo's I would slightly reduce the butter and sugar.
I like to bake the crust at 350F/180C for about 5 minutes, just until lightly golden brown. Then make your cheesecake filling.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a handheld mixer beat the cream cheese for 2 minutes until soft and combined.
Add the granulated sugar, beat for another minute, this will soften the mixture.
Next comes the heavy cream, fresh lemon zest, and lemon juice. This is the microplane zester I use it is so easy, it makes zesting a lemon so quick and easy!
Finally, you are going to mix in the eggs, do not over mix, just mix until combined. If you mix for longer you may incorporate more air into the batter which may cause cracks.
Once the batter is combined pour it into the graham cracker crust.
How do I make a water bath for cooking my cheesecake?
- Make a water bath to bake the cheesecake- it will help ensure even cooking and help
- Let the cheesecake rest in the oven when baked
- When about the inner 2-inch diameter of the cheesecake is jiggly and the rest is set I turn the oven off and let the Cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour, I usually prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon for the last 20-30 minutes
- Cooling the cheesecake
- Take cake pan out of the roasting pan and let the c
heesecakecool further on a wire rack for one hour
- After the cheesecake has cooled wrap it in plastic wrap and let the cheesecake chill overnight or a minimum of 6 hours
- Take cake pan out of the roasting pan and let the c
What do I top my cheesecake with?
For this recipe we need lemon curd, you can use store-bought or make your own- keep in mind lemon curd needs a few hours to chill in the fridge as well so I normally make my lemon curd right after I place the cheesecake in the oven.
This is my recipe for
Use an offset spatula/ angled palette knife to spread the lemon curd evenly on top.
And then top with whipped cream, you can use store-bought or homemade. I prefer homemade then I zest a little more lemon for a little extra touch!
How long does cheesecake last?
You must store cheesecake in an airtight container in the fridge. Cheesecake is best within the first couple of days but good up to 4-5 days.
Fancy more cheesecake?
Craving a quicker lemon recipe? Don't miss my lemon zucchini cake!
Please let me know if you make this easy lemon curd cheesecake recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Lemon Curd Cheesecake is a delicious, creamy cheesecake made with a crunchy graham cracker crust filled with a luscious cheesecake batter made with lemon juice and lemon zest. Finish this beautiful cheesecake with lemon curd, fresh whipped cream, and grated lemon zest. The perfect springtime treat! Use homemade or store-bought lemon curd!
- 1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- (16oz) Cream Cheese, very soft at room temp.
- 150 Grams (3/4 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 oz (4 Tablespoons) Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 3-4oz Lemon Curd Homemade or Store-bought
- 1 Cup Whipped Cream Homemade or Store-bought
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Grease a 6-inch springform pan (affiliate link) set aside. Preheat oven to 325F. In a food processor, crush the graham crackers till they become a fine crumb. In a large bowl add the graham crackers and granulated sugar mixing to combine then add the melted butter and press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in the oven to bake for 5 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Let cool while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 2 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 2 minutes. Add heavy cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs and mix until just combined, do not over mix. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps.
- Pour into prepared pan. Create a water bath by placing the 6-inch pan in a 9-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan (and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and let cool on the counter for 45 minutes to an hour. Finally, wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and use an offset spatula to gently loosen the crust from the side of the pan, then release the springform pan.
- Place lemon curd on top of cheesecake and use an offset spatula to gently push it so the curd is an even layer. Top with fresh whipped cream, I used my homemade recipe and piped with a Wilton 1M tip. Use a lemon zester to sprinkle more lemon zest on top. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: lemon curd cheesecake recipe, lemon cheesecake recipe, easy cheesecake recipe