As of late here in Southern California the sun has been shinning. Bikini season is almost here. Juice bars have been popping up everywhere and my yoga pants have been gettings lots of use. I wanted to ease up on the sugar, for that morning anyways. So I made some granola to go with my plain greek yogurt. Have you ever had plain greek yogurt? Ugh I cannot do it! So I decided to add granola for a fabulous texture and sweetness.
I had never made granola before but knew it couldn’t be that hard. I was right! ( funny how that happens 😉 ) This granola was super easy ot make and super tasty.
I found myself grabbing handfuls of the stuff. I will defo be homemade maple granola again.
I hope you give this easy recipe a try and spruce up your breakfast!
- 3 cups rolled oat
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coocnut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner. In a large bowl mix together the rolled oats, slivered almonds and pecans. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, honey, coconut oil and maple extract. Pour over oat mixture. Mix so everything is coated. Spread on to prepared sheet and bake for 10 minutes. After ten minutes take out of oven and mix everything around. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool on tray. Once cooled I drizzled on an a little extra honey and maple syrup, just for fun!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.