Smooth, creamy, and perfectly sweet cream cheese dip for fruit is the perfect party dessert! Easily made ahead of time this dip recipe is a family favorite.
I remember being about 12 or so, we were having a party and my mom made a dip for strawberries to dip in. It was GLORIOUS, I spent most of my time next to that dip, can you blame me?
Fast forward to now, and I still love that dip. It is simple to make, everyone loves it, it's not overly sweet, and it can be made ahead of time. You will love this dip, I guarantee it!!
What Is Cream Cheese Dip for Fruit?
This glorious dip is a sweet whipped cream cheese served with loads of fresh fruit to dip in.
Let's get to the recipe.
What are the ingredients for cream cheese dip?
- Cream Cheese, duh! The most important thing is that your cream cheese is at room temperature. It is crucial for a smooth dip.
- Marshmallow Fluff, this helps lighten the cream cheese as well as sweeten it up
You could stop at those too but my mom often drizzled caramel on top. Feel free to use the store-bought caramel ice cream topping, or make your own caramel sauce. I use this recipe and sometimes I add the salt, sometimes I don't!
How Do You Make Cream Cheese Dip?
In a large bowl with a handheld mixer, or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff for 3-4 minutes, until they are evenly combined and light and fluffy.
What do you serve with cream cheese dip?
- Apple Slices
I generally do not use raspberries or blackberries as I find they are really too small to dip.
Can you make cream cheese dip ahead of time?
Totally, this dip can be made up to three days in advance. Just make sure you cover it completely or place in an air-tight container and store the dip in the refrigerator.
How long does cream cheese dip last?
This dip will last up to 4 days, if stored in the refrigerator. But to be honest it never lasts that long at my house!
For all cream cheese lovers, these cream cheese cookies are a perfect thing to make next!
Here are some more of my favorite party foods:
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 8oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 7oz Marshmallow Fluff
- 2oz Caramel Sauce- homemade or store-bought, optional
- In a large bowl with a handheld mixer or bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attatchemnt beat the cream cheese and marshammlow fluff for 3-4 minutes. You want a smooth texture that is light and fluffy.
- Pour dip into serving dish and drizzle with caramel on top.
- Serve with sliced apples, blackberries, strawberries, grapes, and pineapple. Store leftovers in teh refigerator, dip is good for up to 4 days if stored properly in the refigerator.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cream cheese dip, cream cheese recipe, sweet diip