Delicious and moist this cinnamon swirl banana bread is the perfect snack any time of the day!
- 4oz (1/ 2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temp.
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Sour Cream/ Greek Yogurt
- 12oz (3 Medium) Very Ripe Bananas, mashed (measured without peel)
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, roughly chopped ( I prefer to use roasted but raw are fine too)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 6 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (Optional Topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Then add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add bananas and sour cream, mix to evenly combine. Gently fold in the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon, when almost fully combined fold in the nuts.
- In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon until fully combined.
- Pour 1/3 of banana bread batter into prepared pan then drop teaspoon size dollops of cinnamon mixture on top, use a butter knife to swirl it in, I don’t swirl too much I like the bigger cinnamon swirls. Repeat two more times ending with cinnamon swirls on top, if desired sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool at least 30 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool on a wire rack. Store at room temperature unless you live in a warm climate store in the fridge.
Save now on Seattle’s Best Coffee here.
Keywords: banana bread, cinnamon banana bread, cinnamon swirl