Easy Brown Butter Pumpkin Cake Recipe is filled with Dulce de Leche and a Brown Butter Frosting, you will love this Easy Pumpkin Layer Cake!
Cake always seems so boring. Dry, overly sweet fake tasting frosting. Not into that. But moist pumpkin cake with dulce de leche filling and a brown butter frosting, yeah I am SOOO into this easy pumpkin dessert recipe.
This baby came to me just when I needed it. It had been about three weeks, my carpal tunnel had been acting up, my lower back had been bugging me at boot camp. Then one morning I brushed my hair. Yes, all I did was brush my hair. And then went my neck. Out it was.
Seriously brushing my hair threw out my neck/ back. It was miserable.
Off to the Acupuncturist, only this was 7:45 am and they don't even open till 9 am. I called about 6 times before 9 hoping someone would answer, no such luck. But at exactly 9 am I booked an appointment, 2:45 pm. That was a looooong way away.
I had acupuncture, cupping and a therapeutic massage, I could finally move my neck. It's still very painful but it moves. Hoping I wake up tomorrow with a new found love for the freedom of looking side to side without a striking pain in my back.
When something like that happens to me I find it an excuse to eat whatever the hell I want. In this case, Brown Butter Pumpkin Dulce De Leche Cake and a few squares of chocolate. Food good measure, ya know?
As my sister, Lydia said this is "Crack". The pumpkin, brown butter, dulce de leche, brown butter frosting and crunchy pumpkin seeds. I hope you love this Easy Brown Butter Pumpkin Cake Recipe as much as we do.
★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Easy Brown Butter Pumpkin Cake filled with Dulce de Leche and a Brown Butter Frosting, you will love this Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 4oz (1/2 Cup/ 1 Stick) Browned Butter, at room temp.(check out my post on how to brown butter)
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 15oz Pumpkin Puree
- 8oz (2 Cups minus 2 Tablesoons) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 4oz (1/2 Cup/ 1 Stick) Browned Butter
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Cream Cheese
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 6oz of Dulce de Leche
- Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds (Optional)
- Prior to making the cake brown some butter, 8oz to be exact. Then let cool to room temp. You can expedite the process by putting the butter in the fridge/ freezer after browning.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease two deep 8-inch cake pans, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment on beat the browned butter with both sugars. Beat on medium speed for 4-6 minutes, until very light and fluffy. Then add in vegetable oil and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time then vanilla extract. Add pumpkin puree until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together the all-purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gently mix dry ingredients into wet mixture, until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 38-40 minutes or until when the middle of the cake is touched it bounces back. Let cool on wire rack until completely cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment beat the browned butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and heavy cream- beat on low until powdered sugar is incorporated. Then beat for another 4-5 minutes.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread dulce de leche on top of the first layer. Top second cake layer on top.
- Spread frosting on top and sides to fully cover the cake. Sprinkle Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds on edge of cake for decor. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: fall layer cake recipe, brown butter pumpkin dessert recipes