Take the classic cookie up a notch to Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies! Smooth and Creamy Homemade Salted Caramel is mixed with the butter and sugar mixture of the recipe. Creating a sweet cookie with a great depth of flavor!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 stick butter, at room temp
- 1/3 cup salted caramel
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Sea Salt for garnishing cookies
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.
- Cream butter, salted caramel, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together for 3 minutes. Add egg, yolk, and vanilla. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Then fold in chocolate chips. Cover and chill dough for at 3 hours or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350F line a baking sheet with Silpat liner, if using. Roll into 2 tbsp size balls and sprinkle sea salt on top each cookie, bake for 9-11 minutes.
*total time includes chill time
Keywords: cookies, salted caramel, chocolate chip cookies, caramel cookies, chewy cookies