Chocolate Chip Cookie Base topped with homemade salted caramel and Heath bars then finished with more chocolate chip cookies! These Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are perfect for your next party!
I was craving something sweet. I wanted something I couldn't keep my hands off. Salted Caramel Check! Chocolate chip cookies Check! Heath Bars Check! Salted Caramel & Heath Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies bars were to be made!
The salted caramel provides a gooey texture and a nice depth of flavor to the cookies. The Heath bar provides a nice crunch and extra creamy dreamy chocolate. So with the chewy-ness of the cookies, the crunch of the Heath bars and the gooeyness of the salted caramel these fit the bill.
For me this recipe was super easy, I had cookie dough in the freezer salted caramel in the fridge and a bag of mini Heath Bars in the cupboard.
Does anyone else want to dive right into this?
★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Chocolate Chip Cookie Base topped with homemade salted caramel and Heath bars then finished with more chocolate chip cookies!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Crisco vegetable shortening
- ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temp.
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I always prefer milk chocolate)
- 20 mini Heath bars
- ½ cup salted caramel
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine butter, shortening, and sugars. Mix for 2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix for another 3 minutes on medium speed.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture in 3 portions into the butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Now chill the dough
- Once chilled, spread half of the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan and press it down with your fingers.
- Line the dough with mini Heath Bars and pour salted caramel all over.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie dough on top to completely cover the caramel.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. You want the dough to look golden brown.
- Let cool completely before slicing into- the salted caramel can get messy!
Keywords: dessert bars, cookie bars, chocolate chip cookies, sweet and salty, heath bar desserts, caramel and chocolate