Buttery and filled with rainbow chip sprinkles these rainbow chip cupcakes are delicious and topped with a gorgeous homemade buttercream and more rainbow sprinkles! Perfect for a fun birthday treat!
Here is my version of Homemade Rainbow Chip Cupcakes, that is PERFECT! Well, in my
eyes tastebuds anyways! Growing up I absolutely LOVED rainbow chip cake! I could literally eat a whole cake to myself, sadly I am not exaggerating. So, I thought it was about time for me to make some Homemade Rainbow Chip Cupcakes.
Boy, am I sure glad I did! The cupcakes are dense and moist. Which I LOVE! I am really not a fan of light, airy cake.
And the rainbow chips. Well, chocolate +sprinkles = amazingness!
These cupcakes will definitely be made plenty of times in the future. My birthday is in a few weeks, not that I really need an excuse to make cupcakes 😉
I bought these to work for St. Paddy’s Day and let’s just say they all disappeared, Well except for the 3 that I stuffed my face with! Oops!!!!!
This recipe is simple and one of the best homemade “white”/ “yellow” cakes I have ever tasted! I added some butter extract for delicious flavor and some cornstarch for the texture.
★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Buttery and filled with rainbow chip sprinkles these cupcakes are delicious and topped with a gorgeous homemade buttercream and more rainbow sprinkles! Perfect for a fun birthday treat!
Homemade Rainbow Chip Cupcakes
- 4oz (1/2 Cup/ 1 stick) Unsalted Butter
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 156 Grams (1 1/4 Cup) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Butter Extract
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Whole Milk
- 2.5oz (1/3 Cup) Greek Yogurt/ Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup rainbow chips
- 4oz (1/2 Cup/ 1 stick) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2–3 cups powdered sugar
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup rainbow chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with liners. In a microwave-safe bowl microwave, melt the butter until completely melted. Mix sugar in the melted butter and place bowl in the fridge for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- Take sugar and butter mixture out of the fridge. Transfer to a large bowl and add butter extract, egg, vanilla extract, milk and greek yogurt. Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour streaks remain. Fold in rainbow chips. And distribute into cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool start frosting. Beat butter for 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and heavy cream. Beat on low until powdered sugar is combined then beat on high for 4minutes. Fold in rainbow chips and pipe or spread onto cupcakes
*Total time includes cupcake cooling time
Keywords: rainbow chip cupcakes, funfetti cupcakes, party cupcakes
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction