Lately, I have been testing out recipes with oat flour. Blend up some old fashioned oats into a dust/flour like texture and substitute in the recipe. I was skeptical as to how the banana bread would turn out. But this oat flour banana bread was a lovely treat.
The Oat Flour Banana Bread was spectacular. More than I dreamed it could be. Moist, dense but not super dense. There were oat flavors in the background but it didn’t take over the banana bread flavor. I will definitely make this again.
Great for people who are Gluten Free or if you want to make a healthy version of banana bread.
- 1 stick/ 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1 5oz ish container of Greek Yogurt Plain or Vanilla
- 3 very ripe banans (the more brown the butter)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- Melt butter. In a large bowl mix together the butter and sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla. Mix in oat flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a bowl mash bananas. Fold in bananas and greek yogurt into the flour mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Of course always check with a toothpick to make sure it is fully cooked. Or a knife if you want to reach the bottom.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Banana Bread
Do you love banana bread like me?
Salted Caramel Banana Bread
Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Healthy Banana Bread