Brown butter gives these cookies a fabulous base cookie and adding butterscotch, white chocolate and milk chocolate chips these cookies are amazing. You will find yourself stuffing your face! 🙂
- 2 sticks butter, (1 cup) browned and set back to solidify
- 2 cups ap flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a saucepan brown your butter. Let cool slightly then place in fridge or freezer until butter is back at a softened state. (See note)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with Silpat liner, if using.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter and sugars for a few minutes. Add in egg, yolk, and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated. Slowly add in dry ingredients, mixing until no flour streaks remain.
- Mix in all three chips. Scoop 1 1/2 tbsp size cookies and bake for 9-12 minutes. Until cookies are golden brown around the edges but still look a little underdone in the middle. Let cool on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
I personally brown butter in batches and keep some in fridge but if you can do it this way too.
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, snack, bake sale, Christmas cookies