- 8oz (1 Cup) Butter*
- 250 grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 Cup) Chocolate Chips
- 90 grams (1/2 Cup) Butterscotch Chips
- 90 grams (1/2 Cup) White Chocolate Chips
- In a saucepan brown your butter. Follow this step-by-step tutorial if you have never browned butter before. Pour brown butter into a heat-proof dish and let cool in the freezer for 10 minutes, whisk together, the brown butter bits separate so you want to mix them in. Chill in the freezer for another 15 minutes, mix again then transfer to a piece of wax paper and roll into a log then place in the fridge to chill, until you get to room temperature butter 68F/20C. You can do this all a few days before and just bring the cold browned butter to room temperature like you would normal butter. Or just use room temperature normal butter if you want.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line baking sheet with Silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream the butter and sugars for a few minutes. Add in egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and mix until fully incorporated. Slowly add in dry ingredients, mixing until no flour streaks remain.
- Mix in all three chips, until just combined, don't overmix. Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon size cookies and roll into balls place 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown around the edges but still look a little underdone in the middle. If desired use an upside-down mug or cookie cutter to circle around the just-baked cookie to encourage them into a perfect circle shape. Let cool on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Brown Butter Chill Time: 45 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: triple chip cookie recipe, butterscotch chocolate chip cookies,