Thick and crunchy crumble is baked on top of a thick layer of gorgeous peaches. Full of delicious flavor this peach crumble recipe is a fabulous quick weeknight dessert. Served a la mode, of course!
I am completely torn. I am so over the "summer weather" and I can't wait for fall. But don't want to say goodbye to things like pool days, ice cream cake, beach Saturday and all the fruits. So naturally, I bought the two together, fall to me means crumble any kinda crumble. Apple and blackberry, rhubarb and in today's case peach. I figured it was a good combo of summer and fall. It's my sumall dessert? 😉
Another thing I love about this peach crumble recipe is how easy it is. Whether it's summer and you don't want to be inside or its fall and you want to be spending more time cozy on the sofa, everyone loves a quick easy dessert.
If easy peach desserts are your jam try my peach dump cake recipe next!
How do you make peach crumble?
Great question, it's easy. You basically cut up some peaches toss em with some delicious things then make an easy 5 minute crumble and place it on top then bake it. And obviously, serve with vanilla ice cream- would be torturous not to.
Are you supposed to peel a peach?
You could totally peel your peaches, or you could be lazy like me and not peel them. The peach skin is perfectly edible and it doesn't make a big difference so for a recipe like this I do not peel the peaches.
How do you make crumble topping?
To me, a crumble is more flour-based where a crisp is more oat-based. And much to my taste buds liking they are both brown sugar-based, can we not talk about how good brown sugar is. My lovvvah.
Anyways to make this crumble start in a large bowl with your mix together flour, brown sugar, a few oats and nuts for crunch, and salt. Once combined add your cold butter, I cut my butter in half longways and flip it over cut in half again long ways then slice it into 8 slices so you end up with 32 small pieces.
Next, use your hands to rub the butter into the dry ingredients, this takes a few minutes so just take your time and once you have a coarse meal and there are no thick pieces of butter left you are done.
Then place your peaches in your dish, whack the crumble on top back for 25 minutes or so and then let it cool for a hot minute and devour with tons of vanilla ice cream.
This peach crumble is really a great weeknight dessert idea. Or perfect easy but delicious dessert for a dinner party. You can easily double it to serve a crowd.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 2lbs Peaches, sliced into ½ inch think pieces
- 1 Small Lemon (Half a Large Lemon)
- 60 grams (¼ Heaping Cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 150 grams (1 Heaping Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 50 grams (½ Cup) Rolled Oats
- 50 grams (½ Cup) Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- 150 grams (¾ Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 8oz (½ cup/ 1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, cut into 16 small pieces
- Preheat oven to 425F/218C and get a pan out, either an 8 or 9-inch pan or pie dish. In a large bowl add your sliced peaches I prefer to just sliced peaches with the skin on but feel free to peel the peaches if you would like.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon juice on top then add the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla extract, and flour. Mix until fully combined set aside while you make the crumble.
- And a medium-size bowl add the flour, rolled oats, nuts, sugar, and salt mixing to combine then add your cold butter and using your hands rub the butter into the mixture until you have a coarse meal texture this will take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place peaches in a prepared pan then sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly on top.
- Bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and you can see the peach juice is bubbling on the sides. Let cool for 10 minutes serve immediately with vanilla ice cream
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy crumble recipe, peach dessert recipe, how to make peach crumble