Chocolate cake mix base filled with marshmallows, chocolate chips, chocolate marshmallows and condensed milk. These Chocolate S'mores Gooey Bars are extra sweet so a batch goes a long way!
Ever since I made the White Chocolate Gooey Bars I knew I wanted to make a chocolate version!
This recipe is so simple and so delicious! I couldn't stop picking at the pan-I secretly always pick at the pan and create another straight line so it's not obvious how much I have actually devoured! 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
Next time, check out my S'mores Cookie Bar Recipe!
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 1 Box Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- 4oz (½ Cup) Softened Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 4 ½ Full Honey Graham Crackers
- 2 ½ cups of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup of Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup of Chocolate Marshmallows (You can use 2 cups of regular Marshmallows)
- 7oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C & grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Place the cake mix, softened butter & egg in a large bowl and mix together until combined- you will be left with a thick dough.
- Press half of the dough into the prepared pan. Layer the dough with graham crackers, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
- Press the rest of the dough on top of the marshmallows then drizzle with condensed milk.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. As tempting as it will look coming out of the oven do your best to let it cool as it will be super gooey! And you could easily burn yourself or make a huge mess!
Recipe based off of Picky Palate recipe
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cake bars, chocolate cake mix recipes