These triple chocolate peppermint cookies are perfect for your Christmas cookie plate. A rich chocolate cookie is studded with chocolate chips and dunked or drizzled with white chocolate. Festive sprinkles make this cookie extra fun!
#chocolatepeppermintcookies #chocolatepeppermintcookiesrecipe #chocolatepeppermintcookieseasy #christmascookiesrecipe
- 8oz (1 Cup/2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Tablespoon Real Vanilla Extract
- 1/4–1/2 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 208 Grams (1 2/3 cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 63 Grams (1/2 Cup) Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet or Milk
- 8oz White Chocolate Chips or White chocolate Discs
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy and the color has lightened. About 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cornstarch, and milk powder.
- When the butter/sugar mixture has lightened add the eggs one at a time beating on medium speed. Add vanilla extract and peppermint extract then beat the mixture for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry mixture and as the dry mixture is half mixed in add the chocolate.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough into 1.5 Tablespoon balls on a parchment lined baking sheet or plastic container. Chill the cookie dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and place cookies on a Silpat (affiliate link) lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes, until set. Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
- Line a sheet pan with wax paper and set aside. Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in the microwave in 20-second increments, be careful not to burn the chocolate. Dip the cookies or drizzle and place the cookies to set on the prepared pan. You can place the tray in the fridge to speed it up. Sprinkle with festive sprinkles.
Keywords: peppermint chocolate cookies, chocolate dipped peppermint cookies, christmas cookies