Delicious sponge cake is soaked in evaporated milk, condensed milk, heavy cream, and Bailey’s Irish cream. This Bailey’s Tres Leches Cake is a new twist on the classic tres leches cake. Perfect for your next party or taco night!
MMM… Bailey’s Tres Leches Cake!! Boy did I love this one. I made it on St. Paddy’s day, I just really wanted another excuse to bake with some booze! Let’s be honest I don’t need an excuse, but I took it anyways! 😉 And this cake… I want it every day of the year!
I have had tres leches cake once before. Only once! I loved it but life got in the way of me and tres leches cake.. until now!!
This cake is soaked in Sweetened Condensed Milk, Evaporated Milk, Heavy Cream & Bailey’s. Basically amazing. The milk mixtures oozes out of the cake. I just wanted to drink it. I HATE milk but all those “milks” mixed together was spectacular!
I made the cake and served it about 4 hours later, so it had time to soak up everything. It was spectacular and the next day even better! This cake is not the easiest to make but worth the few steps. Will definitely be making this again and I hope you give it a try- it really is fabulous 🙂
Please let me know if you make this Bailey’s Tres Leches Cake by leaving a star rating and reivew!Print
Delicious sponge cake is soaked in evaporated milk, condensed milk, heavy cream and Bailey’s Irish cream. This Bailey’s Tres Leches Cake is a new twist on the classic tres leches cake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup plus 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk (I used 2%)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- fresh berries for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X13 inch baking pan. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine egg yolks and 3/4 cup sugar. Mix on medium until very, very light in color. Then add in milk and vanilla extract, mix until just combined. Pour this mixture on top of the flour mixture. Gently fold together until no more flour streaks.
- In a clean mixing bowl beat the egg whites on high, until soft peaks form, then add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until you have stiff whites. Fold mixture into batter. Stop just before completely combined and pour into prepared pan. Bake for 34-45 minutes. Let cake cool completely.
- Once cool flip cake onto a platter. Using a fork poke the cake numerous times, the more holes the better! In a large bowl combine Bailey’s Irish Cream, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. Pour the milk mixture all over the cake. Pour slowly, some liquid will pool but most will be absorbed into cake. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Then in the bowl of an electric mixer beat 2 cups of heavy cream,1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream, and 3 tbsp sugar until thick cream is made. Spread on top of the cake and garnish with berries. Keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours. The more time the milk has to soak in the better.
*Total time includes chill time
Keywords: tres leches cake, baileys dessert recipe, boozy tres leches cake
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook
Best believe I finished that slice while shooting!! LOL
Are you a fan of boozy desserts?
Guinness Chocolate Cake (my favorite chocolate cake ever)