Bacon, Spinach, Caramelized Onions, White Cheddar, and Cheddar Cheese make this quiche absolutely delicious, All nestled in a delicious pie crust. This Bacon, Onion, Spinach Quiche is a cinch to make, and everyone loves it!
Quiche is one of those things I can eat any time of day.
I absolute love Quiche Lorraine with some salad. I made this on a Sunday afternoon, it was a real treat.
Ingredients for Spinach & Bacon Quiche
How to make a spinach bacon quiche
I knew I wanted cheese in the quiche, who wouldn't?
But two types of cheese was a great decision. And I had half a white onion and half a red onion so I used both. And well bacon, bacon makes everything better. I'm salivating at the thought of bacon right now, seriously I could eat bacon alll day errry day.
And then since I am on a diet I added spinach, it made the whole quiche healthy, right?
Well, that's what I told myself anyway. This is the first quiche I have ever made and how easy it was! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and can't wait to make more!! Make life easier and use a pre-made pie crust or make your own, so tasty!! Hope you make this Bacon, Onion, Spinach Quiche sometime soon, you won't regret it!!
More breakfast recipes
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 1 Homemade Pie Crust or Store-bought Pie Crust
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- ½ Medium Sweet Onion, diced
- 2 Very Large Handfuls of Baby Spinach
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 7 Large Eggs
- 9.3oz (1 ⅓ Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and place pre-made pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish, set aside.
- Place the bacon on an oven safe rack and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until done. Let cool slightly then chop into small pieces.
- In a large frying pan over low-medium heat caramelize the onions in the butter, it took me about 10 minutes. Then add the spinach and cook to wilt for a few minutes. Once cool chop bacon into small pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle bacon, spinach, onions, and 1 cup of cheese on top of pie crust pour egg mixture on top and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for 45-60 minutes until set and golden brown, I use my digital thermometer to check it has reached 170F/77C. Let cool for at least 15-20 minutes before slicing. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftover slices at 300F for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American/ French
Keywords: quiche, eggs, breakfast, brunch, bacon quiche, spinach quiche, onion quiche,