Why have I been so busy I haven’t had time to go to Fashion Island and shop my life away and devour lunch and 10,000 desserts from Pain Du Monde?! My favorite, I am salivating thinking of it. This week I say, and five weeks later I still havent’t gone. I would like to think this is the week but who knows.
I don’t know if you can tell but I kind of like pumpkin + maple, it makes me HAPPY. Like really happy and can you tell how moist these muffins are? So moist, and that cream mmm..
Ever since I saw the Vanilla Creme Filled Muffins on Cookies & Cups I knew I wanted to make them, and then this little obsession with pumpkin and maple happened so naturally I put a spin on them.
Let me just say how badly I love that these are “muffins” so it is perfectly acceptable to eat them anytime of the day. Amazing.
I may or may not have licked all the cream out before I devoured the rest of the muffin. Ahh, why are they gone!Print
For Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Scant 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 vegetable oil
For Maple Cream:
- 1/4 Cup Shortening
- 1/4 Cup Butter, at room temp
- 1 tbsp Maple Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin/cupcake pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine sugars, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil until fully combined, Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Scoop batter evenly into muffin pan, don’t be afraid to fill them to the top. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Once muffins have cooled completley start filling. In a large bowl combine shortening and butter for 2 minutes. Add in maple extract, then powdered sugar. Beat until fully combined.
- Fill a pastry bag and large round top with cream filling poke tip directly into the middle of each muffin and squeeze, the muffin will begin to expand when filled. Dust powdered sugar on top.
Recipe Idea & Cream adapted from Cookies & Cups