Deliciously moist pumpkin spiced muffins are filled with a maple cream filling. These Maple Cream-Filled Pumpkin Muffins are perfect for your brunch or breakfast party!
For Pumpkin Muffins
- 125 Grams (1 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pinch of Salt
- 100 Grams (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- 40 Grams (Scant 1/4 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 8oz (1 cup) Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Vegetable Oil
For Maple Cream:
- 1/4 Cup Shortening
- 1/4 Cup Butter, at room temp
- 1 tbsp Maple Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin/cupcake pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine sugars, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil until fully combined, Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Scoop batter evenly into muffin pan, don't be afraid to fill them to the top. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Once muffins have cooled completely start filling. In a large bowl combine shortening and butter for 2 minutes. Add in maple extract, then powdered sugar. Beat until fully combined.
- Fill a pastry bag and large round top with cream filling poke tip directly into the middle of each muffin and squeeze, the muffin will begin to expand when filled. Dust powdered sugar on top.
Recipe Idea & Cream Filling adapted from Cookies & Cups
Keywords: maple pumpkin recipes, pumpkin muffin recipe, maple cream filling