Easy Pumpkin Donuts are baked, cooled and topped with a glorious thick maple glaze. These Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts are the perfect weekend breakfast treat!
I am finally home. Sounds as if I wanted to come home! Who wants to leave family in England and traveling around Europe? Not me! But I can’t lie I do like to come home to my everyday life, and every time I come home from a trip I feel as if it is a fresh start. I will start to exercise, wake up earlier, eat healthier, organize my time better…etc! I love it
It was only natural that the first thing I wanted to do when I got home was bake. But unfortunately with my mom and dad leaving two days later and me having to go back to work I wasn’t able to bake until the weekend. And since it’s September and all (even though we have had a massive heat wave in So Cal) pumpkin had to be coming soon, right?! I won’t lie I bake with pumpkin all year round but once September hits I feel the NEED to bake lots of pumpkin treats!
I have also been craving maple, maple anything. And since maple is such a wonderful warm fall ish flavor I thought it would compliment my pumpkin donuts quite nicely, and of course I was right 😉
I whipped these donuts up Saturday morning, really easy and quick breakfast. I took some over to my favorite neighbors and they responded “Those were BOMB.COM” thanks Syd 😉 I will have to agree, I absolutely loved how simple and quick these were. Pumpkin and maple belong together, in fact I have another maple and pumpkin recipe coming soon. Hope you enjoy these Maple Glazed Pumpkin Muffins 🙂
Please let me know if you make these Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts Recipe by leaving a review below!Print
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 heaping cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a donut pan, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine sugars, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil until fully combined, Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Scoop into donut pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
For the maple glaze
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract and hot water. If too thin add a tsp of water at a time to reach desired consistency. Lay a dishtowel down and place a wire rack on top of a towel. Dip donuts in glaze, place on wire rack. Enjoy 🙂
Keywords: baked fall donuts, pumpkin and maple recipes