Bacon, Onion, Spinach Quiche
Quiche is one of those things I can eat any time of day.
I absolute love Quiche Lorraine with some salad.
I made this on a Sunday afternoon, it was a real treat. Heavy cream, eggs, cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese, grilled onions, bacon, spinach, and some salt and pepper are all the delicious ingredients inside this homemade pastry.
I knew I wanted cheese in the quiche, who wouldn’t?
But two types of cheese was a great decision. And I had half a white onion and half a red onion so I used both. And well bacon, bacon makes everything better. I’m salivating at the thought of bacon right now, seriously I could eat bacon alll day errry day.
And then since I am on a diet I added spinach, it made the whole quiche healthy, right?
Well that’s what I told myself anyways. This is the first quiche I have ever made and how easy it was! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and can’t wait to make more!! Make life easier and use a pre made pie crust or make your own, so tasty!! Hope you make this Bacon, Onion, Spinach Quiche sometime soon, you won’t regret it!!
I used the same pie crust I used for my apple pie
Bacon, Spinach & Onion Quiche
Bacon, Spinach, Caramelized Onions, White Cheddar and Cheddar Cheese make this quiche absolutely delicious, All nestled in homemade pie. This quiche is a cinch to make, and everyone loves it!
- 1 Pie Crust
- 1 whole onion, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 slices of bacon
- 7 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350F and place pre-made pie crust into a 9 inch pie dish, set aside.
- In a large frying pan caramelize the onions in the butter, it took me about 10 minutes. Once done put onions on to a plate. Add bacon to frying pan and cook until nice and crispy. Place a paper towel on top of a plate and place bacon on paper towel once done cooking. Once cool chop bacon into small pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle bacon, spinach, onions and cheese on top of pie crust pour egg mixture on top and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for 45-60 minutes until set and golden brown. (mine baked for 55 minutes) Let cool completely before slicing, this is very important.