Strawberry Blueberry Muffins are the perfect breakfast treat. Adding strawberries to a classic blueberry muffin makes your Sunday morning a little sweeter! Made quickly with simple ingredients!
- 3oz (6 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1oz (2 Tablespoons) Vegetable Oil
- 75 Grams (⅓ Cup + 1 Tablespoon) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 156 Grams (1 ¼ Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 4oz (½ Cup) Buttermilk
- 3oz (1/2 Cup) Blueberries (fresh or frozen, not thawed)
- 3oz (1/2 Cup) Strawberries, cut small (fresh or frozen, not thawed)
- 1 Teaspoon All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- Preheat oven to 425F/218C and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, vegetable oil, and granulated sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract whisking to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients gently folding, then add half of the buttermilk whisking to combine. Add remaining flour mixture and finish with buttermilk, Do not over mix. And in a small bowl combine the blueberry, strawberries, and teaspoon of flour. Gently fold the berries into the batter.
- Using a large scoop divide the batter between 8 cups. Bake for five minutes then reduce the temperature to 350F/180C and bake for an additional 10 to 13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
Keywords: strawberry muffin recipe, berry muffins recipe, blueberry muffin recipe