Chewy Blondies filled with Dates and Toffee Bits, these Sticky Toffee Pudding Blondies are the perfect addition to your Christmas cookie plate!
So my friend Hayley wrote this amazing dessert book Out of the Box Desserts, amazing desserts. Semi-homemade, since sometimes we don't have time to make everything from scratch. And hello who doesn't love an easier/quicker to make dessert? From a cheesecake with a freaking cocoa krispies crust to a Sinful Brookie cake to Sticky Toffee Pudding Blondies.
You see one time Hayley and I were at Disneyland, she had never heard of sticky toffee pudding I told her how amazing it is. Then leave it to Hayley to come up with Sticky Toffee Pudding Blondies.
With my English family, we have Sticky Toffee Pudding at most parties and running two British Pubs I serve Sticky Toffee Pudding like 12 times a night. So I'd like to say I am kind of an expert on Sticky Toffee Pudding. These blondies taste like Sticky Toffee Pudding! I was shocked by just how much. I will be making these time and time again. And so should you!
And also Out of the Box Desserts would make a fabulous Christmas Present. Who wouldn't love having the key to delicious & easy to make desserts?!
Thank you for the book Hayley, it is absolutely fabulous just like you!
Confession: I ate 1/3 of the whole 9X 13 pan within 30 minutes of these being out of the oven. Can't stop won't stop!!!
★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Chewy Blondies filled with Dates and Toffee Bits, these Sticky Toffee Pudding Blondies are the perfect edition to your Christmas cookie plate!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Caramel sauce for drizzling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9X13 pan, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently so the butter does not burn. Let cool cool for about 5 minutes. Then add brown sugar mix until combined, add in eggs one at a time. Next mix in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Add dates and toffee bits and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let the bars cool in pan. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Keywords: blondies, bars, sweet, cooking with dates, sticky toffee pudding,