Thick and delicious slutty brownies will be your new favorite dessert bar recipe. Made up of a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo cookies, and brownie batter these bars are everyone's favorite!
It has been years since I made these brownies, they became popular back in like 2011/ 2012 when Amanda made them famous on her site. The internet gave them their silly name.
I recently remade my version of them for a party and after how well they were received I knew I had to create them for the blog.
Everyone loves these brownies. You cannot beat a layer of chocolate chip cookies topped with a layer of Oreo cookies then finally brownies on top. These bars are sweet and chewy.
Unfortunately, they are the kind of bar that you cannot stop eating, they are addicting. I speak from experience, when I took them to a beach party and they all disappeared quickly I was ever so lucky to have stashed one in my purse haha- sugar addict much!? LOL
Another dessert recipe I have no control with is my chocolate cheesecake recipe.
Let's get to the brownie recipe.
🍪What are the ingredients
There are three components for slutty brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough- you could use store-bought or I have an easy 5-minute recipe below
- Oreo's- You can use double stuff or regular. I use regularly since I always have them on hand for making crusts.
- Brownies- I prefer to use my thick and chewy brownie recipe, you could use your own favorite recipe, or you could easily use a boxed brownie mix- for this recipe, I only make a 9X9 pan so make sure your mix is not for a 9X13 pan.
If you want to use my chocolate chip cookie recipe below you will need:
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar & Granulated Sugar
- Egg and Egg Yolk
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips- my favorite to use are these Callebaut Chocolate Callets
Baking is a science and to really achieve the best results I highly recommend investing in a kitchen scale. This OXO Kitchen Scale is the one I use and is also the number one recommended kitchen scale by Cook's Illustrated. Think about it -what one person scoops into a "cup" is completely different from what someone else scoops!
📖How do you make slutty brownies
Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 square pan with foil, making sure to let the foil overhang on the edges to help pull the brownies out later. Make sure to grease the foil heavily.
In a large bowl add the melted butter and sugars, mix until fully incorporated. Add in the egg and vanilla extra and whisk until fully combined.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and gently use a spatula to fold into the wet ingredients. As there are a few flour streaks left add the chocolate chips and gently fold into the batter.
Pour batter into prepared pan and line the Oreos in one even layer on top of the cookie dough.
The brownie recipe for these slutty brownies is my thick and chewy brownies made with cocoa powder. Check out this post for step-by-step photos on how to make this easy brownie recipe.
Pour the brownie batter evenly over the Oreo layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry.
Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting. This is a must, let the brownies cool a minimum of 2 hours before attempting to cut. Store the brownies in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
I like to cut the pan into 4 sections across and 4 sections down to create 16 equal pieces. The layers are just beautiful!
Because these dessert bars are quite tall you could easily cut them into 6 across and 6 down for more servings.
I may or may not think that these slutty brownies are enhanced by a big ol' scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Either way, they are the bomb. Enjoy!!
⏲️ Can you make slutty brownies ahead of time?
Totally, since these brownies need a couple of hours to set before slicing they are the perfect recipe to make the night before serving. Letting them sit overnight helps ensure they are completely set up for slicing.
I have also frozen some baked and cooled brownies, frozen treats are my favorite. Let them sit at room temp for 20-30 minutes to thaw out.
Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and review below I would be so grateful!!
Check out this post on my Cookie Baking Tips
🍫More brownie recipes
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
- 4oz (½ Cup) Unsalted Butter
- 100 Grams (½ Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 Grams (½ Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 157 Grams (1 ¼ Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 175 Grams (1 Cup) Chocolate Chips
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 2oz (¼ Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 ¼ cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (Scant Cup) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 3oz (scant ⅓ cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- ⅛ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant ½ cup) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 4oz Chocolate Chips or Chunks, optional
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 square pan with foil, making sure to let the foil overhang on the edges to help pull the brownies out later. Make sure to grease the foil heavily.
- In a large bowl add the melted butter and sugars, mix until fully incorporated. Add in the egg and vanilla extra and whisk until fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and gently use a spatula to fold into the wet ingredients. As there are a few flour streaks left add the chocolate chips and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and line the Oreos in one even layer on top of the cookie dough.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together, the mixture will look weird and not liquidy enough, that is fine. Then add the oil and vanilla extract. Cook on low for an additional minute and mix to combine everything.
- Take off of the heat, let sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch, and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks add your chocolate chunks/ chips. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour the brownie batter evenly over the Oreo layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting. This is a must, let the brownies cool a minimum of 2 hours before attempting to cut. Store the brownies in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Slutty Brownie Idea Created by Amanda
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brownie recipe, cookie recipe, bar recipe