Thick and delicious slutty brownies will be your new favorite dessert bar recipe. Made up of a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo cookies, and brownie batter these bars are everyone’s favorite!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layrer
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 157 Grams (1 1/4 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 175 Grams (1 Cup) Chocolate Chips
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (3/4 cups) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant 1/2 cup) All- Purpose Flour
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 square pan with foil, making sure to let the foil overhang on the edges to help pull the brownies out later. Make sure to grease the foil heavily.
- In a large bowl add the melted butter and sugars, mix until fully incorporated. Add in the egg and vanilla extra and whisk until fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and fently use a spatula to fold into the wet ingredients. As there are a few flour streaks left add the chocolate chpis and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and line the oreos in one even layer on top of the cookie dough.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together, the mixture will look weird and not liquidy enough, that is fine. Then add the oil and vanilla extract. Cook on low an additional minute and mix to combine everything.
- Take off of heat, let sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks add your chocolate chunks/ chips. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour the brownie batter evenly over the Oreo layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting. This is a must, let teh brownies cool a minimum of 2 hours before attempting to cut. Store the brownies in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Slutty Brownie Idea Created by Amanda
Keywords: brownie recipe, cookie recipe, bar recipe