Chocolate Chip Cookie Base topped with homemade salted caramel and Heath bars then finished with more chocolate chip cookies!
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Crisco Vegetable Shortening
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 375 Grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 340 Grams (2 Cups) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 20 mini Heath bars
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Salted Caramel, homemade or store-bought
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer combine butter, shortening, and sugars for 2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix for another 3 minutes on medium speed.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture in 3 portions into the butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips, until just combined. Now chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a 9-inch square pan with heavy-duty foil so that it overhangs on the sides then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Once chilled, spread half of the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan and press it down with your fingers. Line the dough with mini Heath Bars and pour salted caramel all over. Sprinkle remaining cookie dough on top to completely cover the caramel.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in has not wet batter. Let cool completely before slicing into- the salted caramel can get messy!