My favorite cookie dough is stuffed with a scoop of Nutella and sprinkled with Sea Salt to make an extra large special cookie. Nutella Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies will be your new favorite.
- 8oz (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter (2 sticks), at room temp.
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Milk Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 170 Grams (1 Cup) Chocolate Chips
- 8oz (1 Cup) Nutella
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy and the color has lightened. About 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cornstarch, and milk powder.
- When the butter/sugar mixture has lightened add the eggs one at a time beating on medium speed. Add vanilla and beat mixture for another 2 minutes on low, make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl so everything is evenly incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry mixture and as the dry mixture is half mixed in add the chocolate.
- Using a medium (2 T) cookie scoop, scoop the batter into balls on a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet or plastic container. Once you have scooped the cookies sprinkle sea salt on top and lightly press into the dough. Cover with plastic wrap or plastic container lid and chill the cookies for at least 2 hours.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Take one ball of dough and flatten it to a disc shape. Add a teaspoon of Nutella and use another cookie, flattened, to cover the Nutella and seal the cookie edges together.
- Place cookies on a Silpat lined baking sheet at least two inches apart. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until golden brown on the edges and set in the center. Sprinkle more sea salt on top if desired.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: nutella chocolate chip cookies, nutella stuffed cookies, chocolate hazelnut spread cookies