My favorite cookie dough is stuffed with a scoop of Nutella and sprinkled with Sea Salt to make an extra large special cookie. Nutella Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies will be your new favorite.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), at room temp.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temp.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Nutella
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy and the color has lightened. About 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cornstarch and milk powder.
- When the butter/sugar mixture has lightened add the eggs one at a time beating on medium speed. Add vanilla and beat mixture for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry mixture and as the dry mixture is half mixed in add the chocolate.
- Using a medium (2 T) cookie scoop, scoop the batter into balls on a parchment lined baking sheet or plastic container. Once you have scooped the cookies sprinkle sea salt on top and lightly press into the dough. Chill the cookies for at least 2 hours.
- Once the dough is chilled take one ball of dough and flatten to a disc shape. Add a teaspoon of Nutella and use another cookie, flattened, to cover the Nutella and seal the cookie edges together.
- Preheat oven to 350F and place cookies on a Silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until golden brown on the edges and set in the center. Sprinkle more sea salt on top if desired.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: nutella cookies, sea salt cookies, chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookies, christmas cookies,