- 375 grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 8oz (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter (2 sticks), melted and slightly cooled
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 170 grams (1 Cup) Chocolate Chips
- 4-6oz (1/2 - 3/4 Cup) Nutella
- Sea Salt
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch.
- In a large bowl whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and melted butter. Add the eggs and vanilla extract then mix for another minute or two until the mixture has lightened in color.
- Slowly add the dry mixture and as the dry mixture is half mixed in add the chocolate. Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Using a large (4 Tablespoon) cookie scoop, scoop the batter into balls on a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet or plastic container. Once you have scooped the cookie dough ball flatten it out and use a small half tablespoon or half tablespoon cookie scoop to distribute a bit of Nutella in the middle of the cookie disc. Gently press the sides up to seal the cookie dough ball to not expose the Nutella. Roll it into a ball and place it on a sheet pan or plate. Once all cookies are rolled cover the sheet and place in the fridge to chill for at least two hours, minimum. The large cookies and filling need time to set up before baking.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Place cookies on a Silpat lined baking sheet at least two-three inches apart. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until golden brown on the edges and set in the center. Sprinkle sea salt on top just after baking. Let cool for ten minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 16
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nutella chocolate chip cookies, nutella stuffed cookies, chocolate hazelnut spread cookies