Chocolate Lava Cake is taken to the next level by adding Nutella. This Nutella Lava Cake will be your go to dessert for dinner parties or Monday nights 😉
- 2oz Semi Sweet Chocolate ( I use Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars)
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbsp Nutella
- Preheat oven to 425F if baking right away. Grease two ramekins set aside. ( I used two 4 inch diameter, 11 oz capacity ramekins)
- In a microwave-safe bowl break the semi-sweet chocolate into chunks and add butter. Cook for 30-second increments, only 1 or 2 sessions should be fine. Whisk the chocolate and butter together in between increments. Once butter is fully melted chocolate should melt quickly.
- In a larger bowl add the chocolate mixture and mix in the Frangelico. Add in egg and yolks, stirring to combine. Then mix in powdered sugar and finally mix in the flour, just until white streaks disappear.
- Pour 1/4 of batter into each ramekin. Top with 2 tbsp of Nutella and pour 1/4 of batter on top of the Nutella, covering it. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes, until the cake looks set.
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the cake and invert on to a serving plate. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1 ramekin
Keywords: dessert, chocolate dessert, lava cake, nutella, nutella desserts, baking, nutella recipe, snack, date night dessert