Can you believe Thanksgiving has come and gone?! Heck 2013 pretty much is over. I can honestly say I am SOOOO ready for 2014. The year 2013 was crap, I am OVER it! No one I know has loved 2013. My nan even said she knew it was going to be a bad year, she had a feeling. Then all of her grandchildren broke up with their significant others. Needless to say its been an interesting year, I have learned a LOT and can honestly say I will never forget all of the events that have happened this year.
One good thing that happened this year?! I have been SUPER busy, so busy I don't have time to visit my favorite restaurants. It's kind of depressing. But that's my life right now, so I am okay with it. But the good in that is I have been forced to cook more. And cooking delicious things is kind of amazing.
I made this Garlic Lemon Cream Pasta one afternoon when I had exactly 1 hour break in between leaving work and going back to work. Like I said I have had some loooooooooooong days lately. Anyways, I threw it together and let me tell you I was obnoxiously pleased with it. My sister and I begged for it. We ate one dish each, looked at each other and I said to Lydia "Should I blog it?" naturally she said "YES!" so we plated it up I photographed it and then proceeded to eat the rest of the pasta even though we were both so full.
This pasta was SOOO tasty, so easy and I am newly obsessed with this recipe.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, I am off to cater and Afternoon Tea for 75 people at a local museum in honor of the Unofficial Downtown Abbey Cookbook. Wish me luck 😉
★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Easy recipe for Lemon Garlic Cream Pasta served with chicken!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, fresh or defrosted
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese blend
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 6 oz cooked pasta noodles
- In a large skillet place over medium heat place, olive oil then add chicken breasts cook until fully cooked and no pink remains, the internal temperature of 165F. Place chicken on a plate set aside. Once cooled for a few minutes cut chicken into bite-size chunks.
- In the same skillet add butter until melted then whisk in flour to make a rue, then add cream, parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add green beans to the sauce and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add in tomatoes, cook for another 2 minutes. Add in cooked chicken and pasta noodles. Mix together and let cook for another few minutes on low heat. Enjoy.
**Use Shrimp instead of Chicken
Keywords: lemon cream pasta, lemon noodles, lemon cream sauce