Guinness Chocolate Cookies are a perfect combination, these cookies are the perfect treat for your St. Patricks Party! Guinness is cooked down to create a concentrated flavor helping make a delicious Guinness Chocolate cookie!
DAMMMMMMMN these cookies are for chocolate lovaaahhs! So if you don't love chocolate get the HELLLL OUT! I'm only joking 😉 but go check out these cookies or something. But at least make these for St. Patricks Day!
Anyways back to these Guinness Chocolate Cookies. Well, first of all, they have Guinness in them. So, of course, they win right off the bat, cookies, and booze! And for those of you who have never baked with Guinness before it doesn't make the baked good taste like Guinness it just really intensifies the chocolate flavor. It's like the real deal for chocolate lovers. AKA me!
But because I am not a dark chocolate lover, I stick to milk most of the time, I had to through some milk chocolate chunks in there too. I mean come on look at that chocolate meltiness going up in that cookie. It's outrageously finger lickin good.
So there is cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chunks AND reduced Guinness so the chocolateness is redic. You chill this dough but hey I almost like dough that you chill better because who doesn't just love taking dough straight out of the fridge to bake? That's why the store bought dough is the best! But this is better none of that junk you cannot pronounce.
I have a feeling these cookies would be fantastic with a scoop of ice cream, not speaking from experience or anything. On that note I might need to make these again for Paddy's...
Fancy some more boozy recipes?
- Guinness Gingerbread Cake Recipe
- Guinness Chocolate Brownies Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting
- Baileys Mint Truffles
- Baileys Tres Leches Cake
- Boozy Chocolate Tart
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!
*New photos added 03/18Print
Guinness & Chocolate are a perfect combination, these cookies are the perfect treat for your St. Patricks Party!
- 1-11.2oz bottle of Guinness
- 66 grams (⅓ Cup) Brown Sugar
- 8oz (1 cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 100 grams (½ cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 250 grams (2 cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 100 grams (1 Cup) Cup Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 200 grams (1 ¼ Cup) Dark Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks
- 200 grams (1 ¼ Cup) Milk Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks
- In a large saucepan over medium heat cook the Guinness and brown sugar together for 15-20 minutes (please note depending on the size of your saucepan the cooking time may reduce or increase). The mixture will reduce to ⅓ cup. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer beat the butter for 2 minutes, add sugars, and beat for another 4 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla mix for 2-3 minutes until fully incorporated. Mix in Guinness mixture.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, until just combined. Fold in chocolate and let chill for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with Silpat liner, if using. Using a medium cookie scoop pace a heaping scoop (2 tablespoon) of dough on the sheet and place more chocolate on top of each dough for looks if you want. Bake for 9 minutes, the dough will be just set but take out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: stout chocolate cookies, guinness stout cookies, boozy cookies