Easy but special these Baileys Mint Truffles are made with a handful of ingredients then rolled in cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles. Perfect for your Christmas party, an after-dinner treat or with your glass of port!
Do you ever get addicted to Netflix?! Gosh, it is SOOO dangerous. As soon as I start a show I am hooked like obsessed, it’s not normal. But I can’t help it. Every chance I get a lunch break at work I open my laptop to watch, sitting at the bank I put my earphone in and watch on my phone, late at night I watch… literally any spare chance I get I watch. My latest addiction?! Scandal! Damn this show is good. I should have known to come from the writer of Grey’s Anatomy.
Well, two weeks later I have finished the first two seasons. But it was confusing at times because I would watch current shows on Thursdays then watch the previous seasons but then in a previous season, they would look back in time so it was like I had three time periods, I kept getting confused.
Now what to watch next?! Anyone? Ideas, please! Not that I have any spare time in my schedule. I am lucky really that Scandal only had two seasons or else I wouldn’t be typing this blog post right now. I would still be laying on the sofa, but I would totally be watching Scandal!!!
I’m not lying my mom just turned on Netflix Mad Men but I already completed those 5 0r 6 seasons. But I did just sing along with the opening music LOL
So, these Bailey’s Mint Truffles? You need them in YO life! I popped a few too many of these. Okay, all of last week I popped a few too many truffles. I had a bag of Lindt Lindor Truffles at my desk at the Santa Ana Location and a tin of Roses on my desk at the Fullerton location. Maybe that’s why my face started to look like a pepperoni pizza. Truffles for breakfast, lunch, and snack is probably not the best diet. #oops
Anyways back to these truffles, it was the Port Party at work last naturally I made truffles. And naturally, I added booze, because booze is necessary for truffles. Well, in my world anyway.
I rolled the truffles in chocolate jimmies and in sweetened cocoa powder. I couldn’t decide which I liked better, the powder made such a smooth truffle but the sprinkles created a nice combination of textures. So I ate both 🙂
These would be a perfect addition to your Christmas Party, I hope you give these Baileys Mint Truffles a go!
Please let me know if you make these Bailey’s Mint Truffles recipe by leaving a review below!Print
Easy but special these Baileys Mint Truffles are made with a handful of ingredients then rolled in cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles. Perfect for your Christmas party, an after dinner treat or with your glass of port!
- 12 oz good quality chocolate finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Andes mint baking chips
- 4 tbsp Baileys Mint Liqueur
- In a double boiler or in a bowl set over a saucepan with little water over medium-low heat combine the chocolate, cream, and butter. Let the mixture melt and stir until it is smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into a shallow casserole dish and let cool to room temperature, approx. 30 minutes.
- Mix in baking chips and liqueur. Cover dish with plastic wrap, place in the fridge for 2 hours or let sit overnight. If you set in the fridge for 2 hours then the mixture will be able to work with once taken out of the fridge if you let sit overnight then take the mixture out 1hr 30minutes before you plan to roll the truffles.
- Using a melon baller roll truffles to a small ball, one-inch size. Roll in either jimmies or cocoa powder. Store in fridge.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: chocolate truffles recipe, mint and chocolate dessert
Recipe Adapted From: My Baking Addiction