Comfort food chocolate rice pudding is delicious, easy to make, and sure to satisfy your biggest chocolate cravings! This easy recipe is made in about 15 minutes!
Sometimes I make something and I am literally speechless as to why it has taken this long to make it. If you are a returning visitor to CBQ then you know that I am a true chocoholic (check out all my chocolate recipes). It runs in my family. I also adore my baked rice pudding inspired by the one my Nan makes. So making this chocolate rice pudding was really a no-brainer for me.
I made the recipe based on one cup of cooked rice so you can easily double, triple or quadruple for however many people you want to serve. Rice pudding is one of the homiest and most comforting desserts to have with your loved ones. The creamy texture is something else!! I hope you love this simple chocolate rice pudding recipe.
Let's get to the recipe
This post was sponsored by Minute Rice. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Confessions of a Baking Queen possible.
- Cooked Rice. Using the minute rice cups is perfect for this recipe. I love that Minute Rice cups are perfectly cooked rice in a minute so it's easy to take a moment to relax and enjoy.
- Granulated Sugar. This will sweeten the rice making it dessert-worthy!
- Salt. This brings all the flavors together!
- Heavy Whipping Cream. The heavy cream really makes this rich and decadent!
- Whole Milk. The milk along with the cream are what makes this delicious sauce.
- Cocoa Powder. I prefer Dutch-process for a more intense, chocolate flavor but you can also use natural cocoa powder. You just want it to be unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Butter. I love adding a bit of butter to give the chocolate sauce the rice is cooked in a sheen and richness.
For ingredient quantities please reference the recipe card below. On the recipe card there is a button for US or M (Metric) measurements.
In a medium-size pot add all of the ingredients and place on the stove over low-medium heat.
I appreciate that the Minute Rice Cups are BPA-free and 100% recyclable, as I am always trying to do my part!
Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
Turn off the heat and let cool for five minutes then pour into a serving dish. The longer this rice pudding sits the thicker it will get, you can always loosen it up a bit by adding more liquid, like a splash of milk.
Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Can you double
This recipe was designed to be easily doubled. The serving size is very generous for one person but you can easily press the 2X or 3X button on the recipe card below to double or triple the ingredient quantities.
Here we are at the Fresh Air Retreat with a Minute Rice bar with all the toppings! I made peaches and cream rice bowl, it was so good!
The Fresh Air Retreat would not have been possible without the amazing brands that sponsored the event. Incredibly grateful and thankful to Certified Angus Beef, Zwilling, AdThrive, Stonyfield, & Grace + Vine Studios.
The beautiful photos from the retreat are courtesy of the amazing Amanda of Arrae Creative.
More chocolate recipes
Check out my chocolate peanut butter pie it's so perfect for Sunday family dinner!
Chocolate Rice Krispies are a fun take on the childhood classic treat.
For a show stopper try making this chocolate raspberry cake recipe.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 1 cup of Cooked Rice
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2oz (¼ Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4oz (½ Cup) Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Cocoa Powder, I prefer Dutch-process
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- In a medium-size pot add all of the ingredients and place on the stove over low-medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stir frequently until your desired thickness is achieved.
- Turn off the heat and let cool for five minutes then transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make chocolate rice pudding, rice pudding for one,
You may also like