Butterfinger Brownies are Super Chocolatey Fudgey Brownies with Butterfinger in the brownie batter and crushed Butterfingers on top of the melted chocolate on top of the brownies.
I am back from my girls tip to Vegas and work this week is not sounding too appetizing. Luckily there is tons of halloween candy leftover for me to bake with. I buy extra so this always happens 😉
I actually made these brownies last week when I had a sudden urge for Butterfingers. You see I go through phases with Butterfingers and last week was one of my I am obsessed, need Butterfingers ASAP kind of phases.
So naturally, I picked up some of the unwrapped mini Butterfingers in the bag. Those little bags of unwrapped candies is seriously deadly but kind of genius at the same time!! Anyways, I ate a few Butterfingers and could tell where this was going me laying on the couch catching up on some reality TV scarfing down the full bag of Butterfingers. BUT I practiced some self-control, a rare occurrence for me, and put the Butterfingers away. The next day in order to prevent the same activities I decided to bake with the Butterfingers. Great choice on my part because these Butterfinger Brownies were to do for!
Originally I wanted to make a chocolate ganache or chocolate frosting on the top of brownies but I had issues and ran out of powdered sugar and the brand new container of heavy cream was off. Let's not talk about it, I was SOO annoyed. Anyways I just used melted chocolate and it was a scrumptious decision.
Now grab your leftover Butterfinger candies and make these brownies, you will Looooooove them. At least I did 😉 Or try my Butterfinger Cake Recipe.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Super Chocolatey Fudgey Brownies have Butterfinger in the brownie batter and on crushed Butterfingers on top of the melted chocolate on top of the brownies. These Butterfinger Brownies are anything but ordinary, perfect for a party or special birthday treat!
- 1 ¼ stick butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed butterfingers
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed Butterfingers
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9X9 with foil and grease, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter and sugars. Mix in eggs one at a time so evenly incorporated. Mix in vanilla.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt and mix until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips and crushed Butterfingers. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick is almost completely free of wet batter. Let cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in microwave for 30-second increments until melted, be careful as they can burn easily. Spread on top of brownies and sprinkle crushed Butterfingers on top, set in the fridge for 10 minutes to set and slice.
Keywords: candy bar desserts, butterfinger dessert recipes