- 12 oz good quality chocolate finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Andes mint baking chips
- 4 tbsp Baileys Mint Liqueur
- In a double boiler or in a bowl set over a saucepan with little water over medium-low heat combine the chocolate, cream, and butter. Let the mixture melt and stir until it is smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into a shallow casserole dish and let cool to room temperature, approx. 30 minutes.
- Mix in baking chips and liqueur. Cover dish with plastic wrap, place in the fridge for 2 hours or let sit overnight. If you set in the fridge for 2 hours then the mixture will be able to work with once taken out of the fridge if you let sit overnight then take the mixture out 1hr 30minutes before you plan to roll the truffles.
- Using a melon baller roll truffles to a small ball, one-inch size. Roll in either jimmies or cocoa powder. Store in fridge.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate truffles recipe, mint and chocolate dessert