Lightened-up Banana Bread is filled with Greek Yogurt and a small amount of butter! This quick bread recipe is every bit delicious!
I always find myself wanting to be healthy. I think most people like that thought. But then that chocolate bar and Biscoff Spread are staring at me and I find myself dunking chunks of chocolate into Biscoff Spread... terrible I know. But so delicious! 🙂 Anyways lately I have been on this Banana Bread kick and I decided to try making some with greek yogurt. You know get some protein in there and get rid of some butter and sour cream and make a Healthy Banana Bread.
I began to make my banana bread. First, I emptied out my oven -- which stores a few extra pans. Then I turned the oven on. Next, I whipped up the banana bread. Poured it into a pan and then went to put it in the oven. Only once I put the pan in the oven it felt cold. I didn't get that rush of heat I normally do.
So I double-checked went to turn it off and on again. (That works with almost everything else) And nothing. It wasn't lighting and I was pissed!!!
Luckily I was going into work so I was able to bake it there.
Anyways this turned out good it was SUPPER moist. Some even said a little too moist. Maybe it should have cooked a little longer or maybe it was acting up since it was made and didn't bake for 2 hours. Who knows? Anyways all I know is that it was devoured at work and everyone loved it. Including me. I will defo make this again and next time I might even omit some sugar! AHHH scary thought for me!
★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Lightened up Banana Bread is filled with Greek Yogurt and a small amount of butter! This quick bread recipe is every bit delicious!
- 2oz (4 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Greek Yogurt, I like to use Vanilla but Plain works too
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 188 Grams (1 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 TeaspoonBaking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 4oz (1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt, I like to use Vanilla but Plain works too
- 3 Large Bananas (Mashed)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, greek yogurt, and sugar. Once combined add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and soda.
- Fold in mashed up bananas and greek yogurt. Be careful not to over mix. Just combine.
- Bake for 1 hr 15 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean. (**I used a large commercial oven so my baking time might be a bit off, I would start checking at 55 minutes)
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 40 minutes, before inverting on to the wire rack to finish cooling.
Keywords: easy banana bread recipe, quick bread recipe