Chocolate Cake Mix as a base then topped with chopped pecans and Rolos and covered in caramel and chocolate chips these Rolo Pecan Caramel Chocolate Cake Bars are out of this world!
I have a thing for Turtle like desserts. I mean who wouldn't? Chocolate, Caramel and Pecans need I say more? I was at Target last night for no reason at all. I just felt like going. I already have enough trouble when I go to Target with a list, but going with no list and just for fun? That is dangerous people!
Well, I was in the candy section and the mini bags of candy( the bags with no wrappers on the candies of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Rolo's, Butterfingers..etc) you know! Well, they were on sale and I needed some excuse to buy 3 bags for $8. So I decided to bake as it is Sunday and I do work I could easily pawn off a tray of deliciousness! So here we are.
These bars are delicious, I really enjoyed them. One co-worker suggested I send them off to the Rolo factory 🙂
Please let me know if you make this Rolo Pecan Caramel Chocolate Cake Bar Recipe please let me know by leaving a review below!Print
- 1 Box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Bag of unwrapped Rolo's
- 1 ½ cup of Chopped Pecan's
- ½ Chocolate Chip's
- ¾ cup of Carmel ( Melt your own Caramels, use caramel ice cream topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F and wrap a 9X13 baking dish with foil and lightly butter.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, room temperature butter, and egg. Mix until well combined. Press into bottom of baking dish.
- Chop Rolo's in half and sprinkle on top of cake mixture. Sprinkle pecans, chocolate chips and pour caramel over it all.
- Bake for 23 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 23 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake mix recipes, turtle recipes, chocolate caramel bars, chocolate pecan recipes, chocolate caramel recipes,