Buttery and filled with rainbow chip sprinkles these cupcakes are delicious and topped with a gorgeous homemade buttercream and more rainbow sprinkles! Perfect for a fun birthday treat!
Homemade Rainbow Chip Cupcakes
- 4oz (1/2 Cup/ 1 stick) Unsalted Butter
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 156 Grams (1 1/4 Cup) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Butter Extract
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Whole Milk
- 2.5oz (1/3 Cup) Greek Yogurt/ Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup rainbow chips
- 4oz (1/2 Cup/ 1 stick) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2–3 cups powdered sugar
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup rainbow chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with liners. In a microwave-safe bowl microwave, melt the butter until completely melted. Mix sugar in the melted butter and place bowl in the fridge for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- Take sugar and butter mixture out of the fridge. Transfer to a large bowl and add butter extract, egg, vanilla extract, milk and greek yogurt. Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour streaks remain. Fold in rainbow chips. And distribute into cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool start frosting. Beat butter for 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and heavy cream. Beat on low until powdered sugar is combined then beat on high for 4minutes. Fold in rainbow chips and pipe or spread onto cupcakes
*Total time includes cupcake cooling time
Keywords: rainbow chip cupcakes, funfetti cupcakes, party cupcakes