This post is intended for an audience of adults age 21 and older. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., BACARDÍ® and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #TrickYourTreat #CollectiveBias
This easy Halloween cocktail is the perfect festive drink, you will love this Eyeball Rum Punch Recipe.
A lemon-lime rum punch is totally up my alley. First of all, it’s punch. Who doesn’t love a cocktail that you make a big ‘ol serving of and just keep refreshing your drink? I sure do, especially for parties/ family get-togethers. I am all about the make-ahead recipes, whether it’s drinks or food.
The more time I can spend on getting my house decorated, my face on, and then the actual time with my guests is the most important thing to me! So any help I can take, I will.
That’s why I came up with this gorgeous recipe for an Eyeball Rum Punch. Hello, fun Halloween cocktail, that is so easy. Naturally, I went with Rum- I love the sweetness of it. And being Halloween I had to go with the Bat Rum!! BACARDÍ® Baby!!
And what else do you need for a fun, family weeknight dinner? Pizza! Who doesn’t love pizza?!
I also love salad with pizza, I eat my pizza with a knife and fork, don’t hate me. I am a food snob, proud of it! Stopping at the club on the way home is the perfect thing for me. I swing by to grab a tasty 16” Pepperoni Pizza. I think this should be your game plan for Halloween.
This year Halloween falls on a Wednesday, I feel like that shouldn’t be allowed, it’s a holiday! No one wants to be rushing home from work trying to enjoy the holiday AND prepare dinner. That’s why I go with punch & pizza — it’s easy, festive, delicious, and everyone loves it.
BACARDÍ® rum is always a good time, it’s easy to drink and tastes delicious. Both necessary for this Eyeball Punch Recipe.
How do you make eyeball rum punch?
In a large pitcher add four 7.5 oz cans of Sprite® (this also has 100% natural flavors, score!), lots of ice, slices of lemon and lime, and 10 ounces of BACARDÍ® Superior Rum. If you want a boozier or less boozy cocktail feel free to adjust the rum quantity. Mix it all together then add just a drop of all-natural green food dye, mixing well so the green is evenly distributed throughout the cocktail. Be careful to add only a tiny amount of food dye – it’s very strong- you can always add more color but you can’t take away color! Set the pitcher in the fridge to chill while you make the eyeballs.
I love making edible eyeballs, delicious and naturally made decorations.
Grab a melon baller and make some balls out of some honeydew. Then use a small knife to cut a little hole in the center of one side of the melon out so you can place a blueberry inside. You aren’t really taking any honeydew out you are just using the knife to kind of push a hole within the honeydew ball. You will squeeze the blueberry in nice and tight. I find using organic blueberries is best because organic berries are usually a smaller size. There you have it, an edible Halloween cocktail decoration!
Now if a delicious BACARDÍ® rum Sprite® Punch and Pepperoni Pizza doesn’t sound like the best and easiest Halloween night ever -- well then I don’t know if we can be friends. Just kidding, but seriously how could you not love this easy dinner and cocktail?!
Please let me know if you make this Eyeball Punch Recipe by leaving a rating and review below!Print
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 1 Lime, sliced
- 4 - Sprite 7.5 oz Mini-Cans
- 10oz BACARDÍ® Superior Rum
- 1 Medium Honeydew
- 1 Small Container Organic Blueberries (organic tend to be smaller- perfect for squishing into melon)
- In a large pitcher add the ice and 4 cans of Sprite and the BACARDÍ® Superior rum. Then add the sliced lemons and limes. Finally the tiniest amount of green food dye. I mean tiny- use a toothpick and barely dip it into the food dye then place the toothpick into the liquid in the pitcher and swirl. You can, of course, add more green color to your liking- just be careful as the dye is very strong
- Using a melon baller scoop the honeydew into small balls- these are the eyeballs. Use a knife to cut into the center of the honeydew eyeball, you aren't really cutting any honeydew out more of just cutting and twisting the knife to create a hole for the blueberry.
- Once the hole is made place a small blueberry inside the hole. Be careful not to make the hole to big, otherwise, the blueberry may fall out. I made about 20 eyeballs.
- Place majority of "eyeballs" into the punch, I like to save a few to garnish each glass of rum punch.
*Eyeballs can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rum punch recipe, eyeball drink recipe, halloween cocktail ideas
Click here for more drink ideas