Extra chewy, these thin cookies are bursting with lemon flavor. You will devour these Chewy Lemon Cookies. Filled with white chocolate chips. Perfect for those who don't want a chocolate cookie!
I WENT SCUBA DIVING!! Sorry for all the caps but seriously I am amazed at myself. You see, I do not like going far into the ocean when I cannot stand because I like to be in control and the ocean you are so not in control. So the fact that I went is freaking amazing.
Also, I went TWICE!
I was in The Great Barrier Reef so I HAD to scuba dive right? That's what I was telling myself and it worked. And of course thanks to my amazing instructor, Jake, from The Atlantic Clipper Boat I was on. He was so helpful and made me feel comfortable.
The colors in the Reef are unreal. It really is like Finding Nemo- everything is so rich and vibrant. I was amazed. I originally told Jake I was going to hold on to him the whole time and that we would be besties by the time this was over but then when we were down there I was like let go of me I want to explore! LOL he was so confused!
Then the second day there was a second dive and me and my sister looked at each other like YOLO let's do it again!! And so glad we did. We were able to touch, hug and kiss a huge fish they call "Elvis" and also found Nemo!!
Check out this post on my Cookie Baking Tips
I was loved scuba diving and can't wait to do it again? Have you ever Scuba Dived?
These lemon cookies were a pleasant surprise for me, I fell in love. They are soft, chewy, thin cookies that I literally could not stop eating. I made some with white chocolate chips but felt the cookies were perfect without the chocolate chips, but totally up to you!Print
- 1 ⅓ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 small box lemon pudding
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp lemon extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- Zest of one small lemon
- Juice of one small lemon
- Optional: ¾ cup White Chocolate Chips
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix together and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add in lemon extract then egg and egg yolk mix until fully combined, about 3 minutes. Add in zest and juice of lemon, mix until fully combined, mixture will be wet.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in white chocolate chips if using.
- Either cover with plastic wrap and chill in bowl inside the fridge for 2 hours or scoop out the balls and place on a flat sheet, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. ( I prefer scooping the dough out before chilling)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpt liner, if using. If you have already scoped the dough then just place dough balls on sheet or roll out dough into 3 tablespoon size balls. I use a cookie scoop to create uniform cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Mine baked for 11 minutes exactly, you want the dough to be set but still shiny, this creates a chewier soft cookie. Cook longer if you like a more crunchy cookie. Store in an airtight container.
I originally made some cookies with the white chocolate chips but I prefer the cookies without the white chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon and white chocolate recipes, lemon cookie recipes