- 1 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small box lemon pudding
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- Zest of one small lemon
- Juice of one small lemon
- Optional: 3/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix together and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add in lemon extract then egg and egg yolk mix until fully combined, about 3 minutes. Add in zest and juice of lemon, mix until fully combined, mixture will be wet.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in white chocolate chips if using.
- Either cover with plastic wrap and chill in bowl inside the fridge for 2 hours or scoop out the balls and place on a flat sheet, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. ( I prefer scooping the dough out before chilling)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpt liner, if using. If you have already scoped the dough then just place dough balls on sheet or roll out dough into 3 tbsp size balls. I use a cookie scoop to create uniform cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Mine baked for 11 minutes exactly, you want the dough to be set but still shiny, this creates a chewier soft cookie. Cook longer if you like a more crunchy cookie. Store in an airtight container.
I originally made some cookies with the white chocolate chips but I prefer the cookies without the white chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon and white chocolate recipes, lemon cookie recipes