Find a collection of easy-to-make and delicious Bundt cake recipes here. Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake these cakes. From lemon to chocolate to apple and pumpkin.
Whipped Cream Cake
Deliciously moist and tender crumb, this Whipped Cream Cake Recipe is the perfect excuse to use up any leftover heavy whipping cream. This simple, yet delectable cake is made with no butter or oil, the magic is in the butterfat in the heavy cream! Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake this cake recipe.
Crack Cake Recipe
This Crack Cake recipe is easy and delicious. A yellow cake mix is doctored up, baked to golden brown perfection, and topped with a luscious wine glaze.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
This scrumptious cream cheese pound cake is simply a dessert winner! The soft and tender cake has the perfect flavor. Step-by-step photos help you bake this easy pound cake recipe. Serve it plain or with whipped cream, lemon curd, or fresh berries.
Kentucky Butter Cake
Kentucky Butter Cake is a delicious, buttery, vanilla bundt cake made with simple ingredients then soaked in a sweet buttery sauce. Step-by-step photos help you bake this special dessert.
Chocolate Bundt Cake
This easy chocolate bundt cake recipe has step by step photos to teach you how to make this ultra, chocolatey, decadent cake. Made with key ingredients to ensure you have an intense chocolate flavor but a super moist, rich cake crumb!
Chocolate Crack Cake
This easy chocolate crack cake recipe will surely be a winner for you and your loved ones. Starting with a chocolate cake mix that is doctored up and then soaked in sweet red wine syrup, this cake never disappoints!
Chocolate Peppermint Cake
This incredibly delicious chocolate peppermint cake is topped with a chocolate ganache and crushed candy canes! Step-by-step photos teach you how to make this rich and moist peppermint chocolate bundt cake!
Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Delicious and moist this Gingerbread Bundt Cake recipe is full of warming gingerbread spices and topped with a browned butter glaze.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
This simple pumpkin bundt cake recipe comes together very easily! Full of warm pumpkin and fall flavor this moist pumpkin cake is an easy recipe to serve to a crowd. Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake this cake!
Apple Bundt Cake
Deliciously moist apple bundt cake is topped with a luscious toffee glaze. The perfect autumn cake recipe! Step-by-step photos teach you how to make this bundt cake recipe.
Pear Bundt Cake
This easy and simple recipe for a Pear Bundt Cake is anything but ordinary. The soft, tender inside and caramelized exterior are perfect. Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake this cake.
Common Bundt Cake Ingredients
For the wet ingredients you'll often see:
- Buttermilk. Buttermilk helps create a moist and tender cake. This tangy liquid is an acid so can help the baking soda activate and the cake rise while baking. In neutral-flavored cakes, buttermilk can add great flavor.
- Sour Cream. Sour cream is one of the fatties dairy products so it acts as a moisture bomb creating a richer and very moist cake, I often use sour cream in heavier cakes like pound cakes, as opposed to super light airy cakes. This is definitely a secret ingredient for a moist crumb.
- Whole Milk. Using whole milk instead of water adds fat to the cake batter which will create a softer crumb and richer-tasting cake.
- Butter. Butter adds great flavor. Often times the recipe calls for room-temperature butter so it can cream into the rest of the ingredients.
- Oil. Often for chocolate cake, when the intense flavor of chocolate will overpower the flavor of butter I use oil. Oil creates a really moist cake.
- Sugar. Often times sugar is creamed with butter to create thousands of tiny air bubbles that lighten the cake batter creating an airy cake.
- Eggs. Eggs play a pivotal role in the cake-baking process. Eggs add structure, fat and flavor, and color to cake recipes. Some recipes call for separating them, so you can whip the egg white to help create a very light-in-texture cake.
- Extracts. I highly suggest using all-natural vanilla extract not imitation. Almond extract and peppermint extract are very intense so measure carefully.
- Citrus zest. Orange zest and lemon zest provide so much flavor.
And for the dry ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour. This is an all-around good flour perfect for most of your baking needs. All-purpose flour has a protein content of 10%-13% depending on which brand you buy.
- Cake Flour. Using cake flour creates a softer, more delicate, and tender cake layer. The protein content in cake flour is usually 8% - 9% depending on the brand.
- Baking Soda. For baking soda to activate and help give life and rise to a cake, you need to pair it with an acidic ingredient.
- Baking Powder. Baking powder is a combination fo create of tartar, the acid, and bicarbonate of soda. So this does not need another acid to activate.
- Cocoa Power. Keep in mind you cannot easily swap natural cocoa powder with dutch process cocoa powder due to the acidity.
- Salt. This little ingredient brings all of the other ingredient flavor profiles out and helps balance all of the sweetness.
Add-ins like mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or berries are all great in a cake. Tossing them in a tablespoon or two of flour can help prevent them from sinking too much in the cake.
For the frosting you'll often see:
- Powdered Sugar. Also known as Confectioners sugar this is the most often used sugar in frostings. This can be very lumpy so I highly suggest sifting it through a fine mesh sieve before using.
- Heavy Cream. I often use heavy cream or whole milk, cream is my personal preference.
- Whole Milk. Adding the dairy creams up the frosting or glaze nicely.
- Cream Cheese. If you're making a cream cheese frosting or glaze just make sure it is at room temperature otherwise you will end up with lumps.
- Butter. Your butter should also be at room temperature unless you are doing a cooked frosting where you melt the butter.
Bundt Cake Tools
Nordic Ware Brilliance Bundt PanBuy Now →
KitchenAid Stand Mixer 6 QuartBuy Now →
Did you make this recipe? Leave a star rating! Have a question? Let me know here!