It's that time of year again when pumpkin recipes crowd my head. I have wanted to make these for years. I just never got around to it. I finally did this year and now I am kicking myself for waiting so long. These are SOO easy to make and SOO good. Perfect size for an afternoon treat. I can't wait to make these again!
Is anyone else freaking out that Thanksgiving is in 3 days? I am I cannot believe we are already approaching Christmas time. I absolutely love it but gosh I feel like it snuck up on me like crazy this year!! I can't wait to start all my Christmas baking. I also can't wait for all of the eating. Seriously stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrot & parsnip mash, chipolata sausages, yorkshire puddings, shortbread, scones, toffee... you get the idea I am ready to eat!!
I hope you make these and enjoy them as much as my family did!!
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- 4 TBSP powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl/bowl of an electric mixer combine the pumpkin puree, sugars, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix until fully combined and no bumps appear.
- Fill each cupcake liner just past ½ way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let the cakes cool completely in pan. They will sink a bit while cooling. (This provides a perfect area for a dollop of whipped cream)
- Once completely cooled put in the fridge.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the heavy cream and powdered sugar. Mix until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon a dollop of cream on top of cupcakes.
Source: Baking Bites