Homemade chocolate cupcakes are easy to make and much tastier than store-bought. Topped with a strawberry cream cheese frosting, more strawberries and a chocolate drizzle these Strawberry Chocolate cupcakes are extra special!
I find chocolate cake so much better than white/yellow cake. I guess its cuz people generally screw white/yellow cake up and chocolate is usually a safer bet. Chocolate is also, well, chocolate. And lez be honest I loooovvvaaaa me some chocolate.
And with V-DAY just around the corner, it was only natural I had chocolate on my mind. You do too, right?! Well, the truth is I always do, but this is a nice excuse to think about chocolate double the amount of time 😉
I felt like chocolate cake on Saturday, my mom walked into the kitchen saw me getting my flour out then walked in again and the cupcakes were coming out of the oven. This is a quick/easy recipe, that satisfies. I threw in mini chocolate chips in the batter, you know cuz it's Valentine's Day this week and all.
Strawberry Cream Frosting on top of these luscious chocolatey cupcakes. Hello, heaven! Seriously this frosting I could eat the whole damn bowl. I would make myself sick but I could do it, it's that good.
What are all y'all up to on V day? I am working, but I am excited about our specials, Fresh Sea Bass with a Mango Cream Sauce and Filet Mignon in a Rich Balsamic Glaze, damn I love food!!!
Fancy more chocolate??
- Strawberries and Cream Chocolate Cake
- Nutella Strawberry French Toast
- Strawberry Red Velvet Swirl Cookies
Please let me know if you make this Strawberry Chocolate Cupcakes recipe by leaving a rating and review below!
Make sure to join our Newsletter and follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter.Print
Strawberry Chocolate Cupcakes
Homemade chocolate cupcakes are easy to make and much tastier than store- bought. Topped with a strawberry cream cheese frosting, more strawberries and a chocolate drizzle these cupcakes are extra special!
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 Cupcakes 1x
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 2oz (¼ cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 4oz (½ Cup) Sour Cream
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 125 grams (1 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 63 grams (½ Cup) Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 58 grams (⅓ Cup) Mini Chocolate Chips
- 6 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 66 grams (⅓ Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 12oz (1 ½ Cups) Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Strawberries, diced
- 175 grams (1 Cup) Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a cupcake pan with liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine eggs, oil, vanilla, and sour cream mix until fully combined. Add in sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Mix until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour evenly into liners and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment whisk the cream cheese, vanilla, and granulated sugar for 3 minutes. While on medium-high speed slowly pour in the heavy cream, mix until the mixture is thick and creamy. Fold in strawberries. Using an ice cream scoop, place a large dollop of frosting on top of each cupcake.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate chips, do so by microwaving on 50% power for 15-second increments. Using a spoon drizzle melted chocolate on top of cupcakes. Store in the fridge.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer 6 QuartBuy Now →
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberry, strawberry whipped cream,
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
I want to eat that frosting with a spoon!
I won't lie, I did. *oops*
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says
mmmmm chooocccoooolate! The best. And I'm a big fan of choc covered strawberries, so these cupcakes are even better! Michael would swoon if I made these for him for Valentine's lol
Well you better be a good fiancée and get to making these 😉 LOL
Gloria // Simply Gloria says
Yup, gotta love the chocolate cake over any other! Chocolate and Vday just go hand in hand, right?! Gorgeous cupcakes... and pictures, my friend!
They totally do 🙂
I always have chocolate on the brain too! And now I have these on my brain! Fabulous!
Stephanie @ Macaroni and Cheesecake says
These look perfect for Valentine's (or anytime really!)!! That frosting looks to die for!!
Yes anytime Stephanie 😉
Aimee @ ShugarySweets says
I LOVE how you frosted these...with that chocolate drizzle. OMG yummy. PINNED!!!
Yes chocolate drizzle makes EVERYTHING better 😉
Who doesn´t like chocolate right? 🙂 I love chocolate with anything but with strawberries & cream frosting even better 😉 These look YUMMY! Happy Valentines Day! Xx
Crazy people don't like chocolate!! LOL thanks for stopping by XO
[email protected] Life says
I'm going to be dreaming of these cupcakes when I go to bed!! That frosting looks to die for!! 🙂