Moist chocolate cupcakes are baked with Guinness Stout for an extra rich chocolatey flavor. Topped with Bailey’s Irish Cream Frosting, these cupcakes will be the next hit at your party!
- 1– 11.2oz Bottle of Guinness
- 94 Grams (3/4 Cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 45 Grams (1/2 Cup) Dutch-process Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream, at room temperature
- 2.7oz (1/3 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1/2–1 Batch of Frosting- Baileys Swiss Merinuge Buttercream or Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, or Coffee Frosting
- In a medium pot over low-medium heat simmer the Guinness beer for 10-15 minutes to reduce the mixture by roughly half, 5oz. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and sugars.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla, sour cream and oil.
- Gently whisk the liquid into the dry ingreients until just combined, then pour in the hot Guinness. This batter will be very liquidy.
- Fill each cupcake liner 1/2-2/3rds full and bake for 14-18 minutes, or until when gently touched in the center the cake bounces back or a toothpick inserted in comes out clean with no wet batter. Let cool on a wire rack until cooled to room temperature.
- Frost with desired frosting and enjoy.
Keywords: guinness cupcakes with bailey's frosting, chocolate guinness cupcakes, best guinness cupcakes