WOW. That’s all I have to say these cookies are amazing. Brown Butter Snickerdoodles cookies are the best snickerdoodles I have EVER encountered. Brown butter truly does makes everything better. But we already knew that didn’t we? Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These cookies are thick, puffy, snickerdoodle-y with caramel nutty hints in the background of the cookie.
Seriously Monique came up with a WINNER with this recipe.
This dough is relatively easy to make you just need to chill it before baking. 3 hours to be exact.
Anytime and every time I make Snickerdoodles this will be the recipe I use. Absolutely fabulous. End of story.Print
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt/sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low-medium heat cook the butter. Cook until it reaches a brown/caramely color. The butter will begin to have a nutty aroma. Take off and pour into another bowl to cool.
- Im bowl of an electric mixer combine butter, brown sugar and 1/2 granulated sugar until mixed together. Add in egg and egg yolk. Add in vanilla and greek yogurt.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours.
- After chilling preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner.
- in a small bowl combine 1/4 granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Scoop dough to 2 tablespoons size and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. Take them out when they look almost done. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
Recipe Source: Ambitious Kitchen