- 1 Box Devils Food Cake
- 4 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 8oz (1 Cup) Milk
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream
- 6oz Caramel (storebought or homemade)
- 14oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 160z (2 Cups) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Dry Milk Powder
- 3 Heath Bars
- Extra Caramel for drizzling if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and heavily grease a 9X13 baking dish, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together all cake ingredients, just until combined, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl so no flour streaks remain.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 28-33 minutes, or until the cake is done. You can check if its done by lightly pressing the top center of the sponge, if it springs back it’s done, or use a toothpick inserted in the center to check for wet batter.
- As soon as the cake is out of the oven use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes into the cake.
- In a large bowl mix together the caramel and sweetened condensed milk. Evenly pour caramel mixture over the cake to the holes. Sprinkle Heath bits on top and let the cake cool for 1 hour then chill the cake in the fridge for 1 hour before preparing the topping.
- In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer or the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and dry milk powder until medium-stiff peaks form.
- Using an offset spatula spread whipped cream over the chilled cake.
- Use a meat mallet to beat Heath bars into chunks. Sprinkle chunks on top of whipped cream and if desired drizzle more caramel on top. Cover cake with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. The cake is good for up to 3 days.
Keywords: better than sex cake, chocolate cake recipe, poke cake recipe